Book Review: Learn to Knit Love to Knit

 

For Christmas I got this lovely book from my darling sister (after giving some very strong hints). So I thought I would share my thoughts on it so my lovely readers.

Title: Learn to Knit Love to Knit

Author: Anna Wilkinson

A knitting book aimed at beginners taking them from the basic stitches to fairisle projects. The book has fantastic illustrations to teach readers both stitches and techniques (which I feel is a really nice reference for all knitters). It then eases in the readers to some simple patterns from hat, scarves and gloves to sweaters and cardigans (which all sit within the 'learn' section of the book), as the reader becomes more competent there are textured knit project and a fabulous fairisle tank top (these sit within the 'love' section).

As a competent knitter I feel that this book is suitable for all levels of knitter and there are some excellent projects to become completely engrossed in. There however is one downside to the projects within the book for me and that is that the majority use 3-3.5mm needles which means lots of time involved to complete a project (I definitely like projects with bigger needles as projects actually get finished).

I would definitely recommend this book as it is my new 'craft book crush', and watch this space for the fairisle tank top.....

No comments:

Post a Comment